Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hey! What's With The Comment About Memories? Jerk!

Hello There, Citizens Of Blogtown! First order of business: Let's rename this stupid town, because the word "blog" is reeeeeealy stupid! I recommend "New Persia." All in favor say "Aye!" All in flavor say "Yum!" All in Flavor Flav say "Yeaaaaah boyyyyeeee."

Sorry...I have to start things off with a digression. So, what I decided to do was post three things in the comments section of every one of my friends' "space." Yes, that sounded dirty, but I'm just going to keep plugging. Um...wait...that sounded dirty too. Hmm...maybe it's time for a new paragraph.

So I wanted everyone to have a comment...because there's nothing cooler than signing onto MySpace and seeing that pretty lil' red text above the "My Mail" box that tell you that you have a "New Such-and-such added!"

And I wanted to spread the love around (dammit...okay...that's it...every time I go "blue," I'm going to start a new paragraph...purge the nasty thoughts).

But I didn't want to do something where you just post the same damn thing in everyone's comment line...because...dammit...I need to be a trend-setter. I needed a new tack. No one would feel truly gifted (if you can call this a gift) if they got the same "Hey! It's your friend Tyler! I can count to thirty!" in their comments section.

So, last night at mine & Erika's hoity-toity acting class (yes, I'm an actor if you didn't know...and no, I don't know Corey Haim, and I don't have any idea how you can reach him...all right!? I don't care if you think he's the father of your child, I'm writing a damn blog here, so leave me be! I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!), the teacher was talking about his memories as a three year old. Of course, this got me to thinking...do I have any Tyler-as-a-three-year-old memories? And I did. Very fuzzy...and full of orange juice...but they were definitely there.

Then I merged the two...like some kind of magical "merging machine." Like a stapler, maybe? There we go. I merged them, like a stapler.

This was the perfect way to say something in each person's comment field, and not repeat myself like some kind of magical repeating machine. A "copy machine" maybe? No...that's no good. How about a "metronome?" Yes...that's much, much better. So, in each of my 45 friends' (holy mother of God, do I really have 45 friends? I need to double-check those numbers...), I'm going to put my first memory of them, my favorite memory of them, and, finally, my last memory of them.

This is going to take a while, and I probably won't get done tonight, but I do intend to finish. I'm not expecting a response of any kind, so don't think of this as some sleazy solicitation...I just wanted to shine a little sunshine on this shiny web site...to let you know that...hey...I remember all of you.

So...enjoy...or delete if you must. But know that, with all sincerity, I truly appreciate your friendship.

And since I appreciate your friendship so much, could someone spot me, like, twenty bucks? I'm a little short on rent this month.

Not really. That was just a joke.

No...it wasn't.

Yes...it was.

Nope.

Yep.

....

No comments:

Post a Comment