Wednesday, December 6, 2006

iPod Shuffle Quiz...

Well, it's high time I got "pedestrian" with my blog. I've decided to play that little game where you "shuffle" your iPod, and the songs supposedly match up with the questions asked...blah-dee-blah-blah. Because I'm of the belief (that is shared by 100% of the population) that my music is the best kind of music. Anyone who doesn't share my taste in music is wrong, and if only they'd listen to such and such a song they'd change their minds about...etc.

But, since this is a bit like the whole "astrology" scam, where you fit the personal details of your life into the broad statements made about your astrological sign, I will attempt to do so for each answer by giving a bit of lyrics (because, if you've learned nothing from reading my blog entries, you know that I comment on the lyrics of songs far too frequently). Also, I may make a comment or two...or twenty. Anyhow, on with the excitement:

-- How am I feeling today?: My Poor Brain by the Foo Fighters



"Sometimes I feel I'm getting stuck
Between the handshake and the fuck
"



Maybe people just don't write enough songs about being hungry.




-- Will I get far in life?: Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel



"Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way
."



Well, I guess that worked pretty well...if you like the schmaltzy hippie crap.




-- How do my friends see me?: The Sound Of Settling by Death Cab for Cutie



"Our youth is fleeting
Old age is just around the bend
And I can't wait to go gray
"



For a second I thought it said "And I can't wait to go gay." That would have been very telling




-- Where will I get Married?: St. Louis sound clip from "The Jerk"



"St. Louis?" "No, Navin Johnson." "Nah, do you want a lift to St. Louis?" "Oh! Okay, thanks!"



This was bound to happen. Anytime Erika or I make a mixed CD we include quotes from movies. I was going to skip over them for this quiz, but I thought it worked fairly well in this case. And besides, St. Louis is much funnier than "Poulsbo."




-- What is my best friend's theme song?: The New Year by Death Cab for Cutie



"So this is the New Year
And I have no resolutions
Or self assigned penance
For problems with easy solutions
"



That would have worked pretty well for the previous question too...but I'll take it...




-- What is the story of my life?: Silver Street by Ben Folds



"And the styles are moving on
It's hard for a man to stay cool.
"



Don't know if this totally works...but I do like Ben Folds.




-- What is/was high school like?: Stand By Your Man by Tammy Wynette



"Sometimes its hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
"



Wow. I thought none of these songs were going to work perfectly. But this one did. Perfect.




-- How is today going to be?: Oh Yoko by John Lennon



"In the middle of a shave
In the middle of a shave I call your name
"



Because, actually, I do need to shave later today. Perfect.




-- How can I get ahead in life?: Give Me Novacaine by Green Day



"Drain the pressure from the swelling,
The sensations overwhelming,
Give me a long kiss goodnight and everything will be alright
"



Once again...a missed opportunity. If this had come one question sooner, I could have explained it away by saying that I was at the dentist earlier today (because I was).




-- What is the best thing about me?: Friendship by Tenacious D



"Friends will be friends
They're running naked in the sand
"



I think my iPod is determined to make a gay out of me.




-- What is in store for this weekend?: Not the Same by Ben Folds



"You took a trip and climbed a tree
At Robert Sledge's party
And there you stayed 'till morning came
And you were not the same after that
You gave your life to Jesus Christ
"



So...I'm planning on taking a hit of acid, climbing a tree, then devoting myself fully to Christianity. Sounds like fun.




-- What song describes my parents?: She's Famous Now by Reel Big Fish



"I heard her on the radio don't want to sing along, but I've got no choice
She used to be my girl but now she's famous
"



Huh. Right.




-- My grandparents?: Creep by Radiohead



"I don't care if it hurts,
I wanna have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
"



Actually, the one that came up is the Richard Cheese version, but I'll give credit to the original artist. I didn't realize that my now-deceased grandparents were so angsty.




-- How is my life going?: Pinball Wizard by The Who



"That deaf, dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball
!"



Well, I just auditioned for a part in Tommy (which is why this song is on my iPod), so maybe this means I just got cast...?




-- What song will they play at my funeral?: Fuck Her Gently by Tenacious D



"And then I'm gonna love you completely
And then I fuckin' fuck you discreetly
And then I fuckin' bone you completely
But then I'm gonna fuck you haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard
"



God, I really, really, really, really hope they do play that song at my funeral.




-- How does the world see me?: Nothing Better by The Postal Service



"So just say how to make it right
And i swear I'll do my best to comply
"



Once again...an angsty love song is how people see me. Brutal.




-- Will I have a happy life?: Save Me by Aimee Mann



"C'mon and save me
Why don't you save me
If you could save me
From the ranks of the freaks
Who suspect they could never love anyone
"



So...no, then...?




-- Do people secretly lust after me?: Alphabet Town by Elliott Smith



"I know what you are
I just don't mind
I won't say you're wrong
I know what you want
And it's what i want
So let's go out
"



So...yes, then?




-- How can I make myself happy?: New Way Home by the Foo Fighters



"If you could manage me
I'll try to manage you
But lately that's all I ever do
"



Sweet Lord...I swear I have more than Tenacious D, The Foo Fighters, Death Cab for Cutie, and Ben Folds on my iPod. I promise.




-- What should I do with my life?: Galapogos by Smashing Pumpkins



"Too late to turn, to turn back now I'm running out of sound
And I am changing and if we died right now
This fool you love somehow is here with you
"



So...nothing, then?




-- Will I ever have children?: Losing Lisa, by Ben Folds



"Black tears are falling and she won't say what I've done
She's sitting here beside me, then she is gone
Black tears are falling, falling
"



Looks like I will...and the little bastard just won't...stop...crying. Stop it! What do you want!? A bottle!? Diapers?! WHAT!?!? I want to go back to BED!!!



-- What is some good advice for me?: I Ain't Mad At Cha, by 2Pac & Danny Boy



"Well guess who's movin up, this nigga's ballin' now
Bitches be callin' to get it, hookers keep fallin down
He went from nuttin' to lots, ten carots to rocks
Went from a nobody nigga' to the big, man on the block
"



'Preciate the advice. R.I.P. 2Pac.




-- What is my signature dancing song?: "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" by Colin Hay



"I don't want you thinking I'm unhappy
what is closer to the truth
but if I lived 'til I was 102
I just don't think I'll ever get over you
"



Worst...dancing...song...ever...




-- What do I think my current theme song is?: Hey Jude by The Beatles



"And any time you feel the pain, hey, Jude, refrain
Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
Well don't you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder
"



Not the best theme song...but if I ever needed to give Jude Law advice, now would be the time.




-- What does everyone else think my current theme song is?: Tiny Vessels by Death Cab for Cutie



"All I see are dark grey clouds
In the distance moving closer with every hour
So when you ask 'was something wrong?'
Than I think 'You're damn right there is but we can't talk about it now.
No, we can't talk about it now.
'"



Uh oh...hope Erika didn't make it this far.



-- What type of men/women do you like?: Black Cadillacs by Modest Mouse

"We named our children after towns that we've never been to. And it's true that the clouds just hung around like black Cadillacs outside a funeral."

Man, I won't lie to you. I feel a little gypped on this quiz. Maybe one or two answers worked...the rest? Bah...humbug...

No comments:

Post a Comment