Monday, February 4, 2008

Guest Blogger

Hello folks. Well, tonight I decided to mix things up a little bit, in fear that my blog has become "creatively stagnant." I decided to invite a "guest blogger" to enter tonight's post...to offer a different perspective on our time here. Anyhow, without any further ado, here's Frenchy:


Hi! I'm Frenchy! I'm a cat! Isn't that great! Sorry about talking so loud, but I been sleeping all day, so I am well rested!

Tyler wanted me to come on here because he wants me to tell you all about my day, which is really pretty interesting!

First off, I loooove to lay in a basket. It's by the window, which means that I get to have sun on me a lot. I like that. Here's a picture of me laying in the basket!


Hey, you're not looking at my bits and pieces, are you!? LOL! That's fine, I don't mind. I'm just a cat, so you can look all you want. I'm not modest in the least around humans.

So today I'm just laying in my basket, soaking up some rays…when you know what happens? It seems to happen every morning at about 6:00 or so. I get super hungry! The only problem is, when I'm hungry, Erika and Tyler are always sleeping. So, to fix that problem, I spend about 15 minutes digging my claws into the carpet, the bench, and the bedspread. Then sometimes I'll jump on the headboard. That ought to get them up! LOL!!!

So once Erika gets up to feed me (Tyler never seems to wake up, for some reason), I eat, and eat, and eat…then I'm pretty tired from eating, so I go back to sleep. Sometimes I pick some pretty crazy places to sleep. Here's me sleeping in a desk!


After I was sleeping for a while, I heard Doody (he's my brother) at the glass door that leads to the deck. He was pretty excited about something. So I got up…stretched out a bit, licked the same spot on my side for about 10 minutes (it just never seems to get clean LOL!) then joined Doody at the door.


When I asked Doody what he was doing, he ignored me. I asked him again, louder. He sighed deeply, and told me he was "hunting birds." I asked him if he needed any help. He didn't respond, so I asked again. He looked at me, sighed, then looked back outside. I guess that's a yes? LOL!


Now, I'm not exactly sure what Doody sees out there, but I'm guessing there are just a ton of birds that I'm missing. Personally, I think he's just looking at leafs, and twigs…but when I point this out to Doody, all he does is sigh. Sometimes he'll jump up at something, but when I look I don't see it. I ask him what kind of bird he saw, and he tells me, "It was right there. You just missed it." Then he starts hunting again. He's a very good hunter.


Doody has some pretty strange hunting methods sometimes. I'm usually pretty content to just look out the door to see birds, but Doody likes trying out different angles.


Eventually I got pretty tired (hunting is tough work LOL!), so I laid down in a box. Here's me in the box!


After a while, Doody had successfully hunted probably hundreds of birds, so he joined me on the floor. It looked like he was pretty tired too.


I must have been sleeping in the box for a long time, because by the time I woke up it was already night out, and Tyler and Erika were watching American Idol! I'd be great on American Idol! Not! I'm just a cat! But, if I were on American Idol, I'd probably look something like this:


Isn't that funny?! LOL! That took me, literally, fourteen hours to do. Actually, I fell asleep on the keyboard, and when Tyler found me I'd just filled three thousand, eight hundred and seventy pages of Word with the letter "r." It looked like this: "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" (but longer) and probably sounded something like this: "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" (there was some extra "r's" in the sound…because that's how I imagined it). But Tyler shoved me off of the keyboard and finished my project for me. Which was really nice of him, but I must say, it's pretty scary to wake up and be falling! He should at least wake me up next time before he pushes me! LOL!
 
But after my little nap on the keyboard, I was pretty tired, so I went out to the living room to just rest a little bit before actually going to bed. For some reason, Tyler and Erika (mostly Tyler) thought it would be funny to put things on me. I didn't think it was very funny, but I was really just too tired to knock them off.


Eventually I worked up the strength to stand up (mostly because it looked like Tyler wanted to put a bookcase on me…which would not have been fun! LOL!), and I saw Tyler walk into the kitchen. I'm pretty sure that whenever he walks into the kitchen, it means I'm going to be fed. It's weird, but sometimes he goes into the kitchen, and doesn't wind up feeding me…which is very confusing! LOL! But this time, luckily, he got out my food plate and fed me. I LOOOVE wet cat food!!!

After dinner, I made my way over to the bedroom, where I decided to play the world-famous "Where's Frenchy" game. Can you spot me?! LOL!!!



That was a lot of fun for a while...but only for a little bit, because I ended up falling asleep in my hiding spot! Oopsie!
Luckily, when Tyler finally came to bed, I was "forcibly ejected" from my hiding spot! LOL! But it was fine, I was able to find another perfect spot to sleep...in my favorite basket.
I don't know what surprises tomorrow will bring. A couple of days ago, I was shocked to see that Doody was walking around on the deck! I was all thinking, "Man, what is he DOING out there?!" I'm guessing that he has better angles at hunting birds when he's out there, but just between you and me, I think he looked a little scared. Don't tell Doody I said that, though.


Maybe someday I'll get out on the deck. Boy, wouldn't that be a hoot? Your old pal Frenchy, just wandering around the deck. I probably wouldn't want to hunt birds, though. I'm just not as good as Doody is. I may take that opportunity to lie in the sun…or maybe sniff around at stuff. Or maybe sleep! LOL! Just kidding, I'd be waaaay too excited to sleep.

But, speaking of "sleep," I think I'm going to go do that now. Blogging is tough stuff! I don't know how Tyler does it all the time! Anyway, this is your old pal Frenchy, signing off.


In case you were curious, this is the same cat that tried to blind me one morning. But I think he did a good job just now…maybe I'm a little too harsh on the guy. I must say, he does photograph pretty well...

No comments:

Post a Comment