Thursday, January 24, 2008

You Give Me Fever...

Well, in a twist that can only be described as "completely and utterly evil," I have managed to get sick yet again. I've managed to contract a fever of exactly 100.8 degrees, which is just peachy.

Now, I hadn't had an actual "fever" for some time...and of all the ailments that one could contract, this one always seemed like the most appealing. I mean...you're just really tired, and you have these wicked crazy thoughts going through your head. For instance, I've had John Mayer's "Your Body Is A Wonderland" running through my head for about 3 hours or so. A song I really, really loathe. It's awesome.

And then with it come aches and pains...and the constant shifting and shivering in bed...and a constant headache. It's delightful. I was totally set on "man-ing up," and going without medication (because my dear old mum told me that you need to let the fever attack...whatever it is that's causing it)...but I broke down and popped two Advil, for the aches. I didn't go full-on NyQuil yet (there'll be plenty of time for that) because it's too late now (I'd wake up with NyQuil cobwebs tomorrow), and NyQuil is supposed to subdue the fever...which I'm told is "good fer me."

So...to soothe my fractured mind, I thought I might blog a bit. But I think the typing is keeping Erika awake...and plus, the Advil should kick in any minute now.

But we're all auditing a class tomorrow...and it would be great for my career if I were to "call in sick" the first chance I get. I'm sure that'd sit well with Mr. Instructor person should I desire to continue working with him.

Well, back to bed I go. Let's hope I'm more successful for the remaining 5 hours that I get to sleep than I was for the first 3. Oh good...the runny nose has started now too. Wonderful. Wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment