Friday, February 10, 2012

For Your Health! (part 4)



Nada.

At least, that's according to the echocardiogram...or more specifically, the doctor's interpretation of the echocardiogram.

There does not appear to be anything wrong with my heart.

But as I mentioned before, it sure as hell feels like something is wrong with me.

Wat do?

This is not the end, of course. The doctor did a full physical (including blood work and pee-in-a-cup work), and we'll be discussing the results together in two weeks or so.

In the meantime...my symptoms have been waning ever since my last "episode." I'm still vaguely aware of something "not quite right" in my chest, but the pain and discomfort is mostly gone at this point.

Mostly.

Because it's not all the way gone. About 2 hours ago, I had that old familiar chest discomfort again (tightening, numbness, and a racing heartbeat). It only lasted for a little bit, and it was very minor...but it was definitely there.

Now, if both my ECG and EKG checked out fine, obviously I don't think I'm in any mortal danger. I am (and have been) in a very low-risk pool for heart disease, and these symptoms do not match up with anything that could be considered dangerous.

But still...

I wish I could get some kind of confirmation. If it's true that I'm totally healthy, then why do I feel like this?

More and more I'm starting to lean toward the idea that these are panic attacks...which is good. I can deal with a sickness of the mind (especially one so commonplace) and I can seek treatment without having to worry that I'm "missing something" (because as I understand it, diagnosis of panic attacks is more deductive than inductive).

So that's where I'm at. I will update if things worsen. I probably won't update if things get better (because...that's boring). And I will definitely update after meeting with my doctor to discuss the laboratory results.

Guess it's good news/bad news. The good news is my heart appears healthy. The bad news is that I still don't feel healthy.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment