Friday, February 24, 2012

For Your Health! (part 5)

I'm frustratingly healthy.

I don't know how else to put it.

I finally got a chance to speak with my doctor to go over the lab results from my physical. Other than a general "you ought to exercise more," I passed the screening with flying colors.

Good news, right?

At any other time in my life, I'd have been thrilled. I'ma live forever, damn you. My blood is pure. My urine is fantastically clean. My heart, lungs, thyroid, liver, kidneys, and pancreas are squeezing out fluids and enzymes at the appropriate levels.

However, I still don't feel good...which makes the "healthy" results more frustrating than freeing.

My chest doesn't feel good. Admittedly, it's better than it's been in a few weeks. My paroxysmal arrhytmetic tachycardial events (I just made that phrase up) have been few and far between. I get occasional headaches, and moments of disorientation...but I don't know if those are unrelated.

It's gotten to the point that, any time I see a random "rare" disease mentioned in the news, I look it up to see if it fits the symptoms I have. Probably not a healthy exercise.

Anyhow, I related my chest-pain concerns to the doctor, and he finally gave me a referral to a cardiologist. Now...if this frigging cardiologist can't find anything, then the total number of doctors that have had a peek under my hood and have found nothing wrong would stand at 5. That's almost a century-worth of experience and education. At that point, I think it'd be time to give one of them "headshrinkers" a call...because, frankly, if I am actually healthy, I'm sure as hell tired of feeling "not healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment